Back From Field Camp
I am back from my many days of field camp. It was quite a memorable one because it really strengthened some bonds between me and my section mates. At the same time, it had some bonds had been loosened. Maybe this is how it works I won’t know.
1st Day of Field Camp
We had our route march to our first camp slide and I shared the same tent with two of my section mate. After that, we went for lesson and lesson and lesson until 6 pm. At night, I did some terrible things that make one of my section mates can’t sleep. It was that I am snoring so loudly until he can’t sleep. I am really sorry because I got terrible flu and cough which lead me to create a lot of noise while sleeping. Hope you don’t mind.
2nd Day of Field Camp
There were no much changes. Everything was the same as Day 1.
3rd Day of Field Camp
We were supposed to dismantle our tent and dig a big hole individually. That was damn tiring. It took me nearly three hours in digging a hole of my size. I wanted to give up in the beginning because I was too shagged and tired to continue more. In the end, I told myself to continue because this was part of my mission. After that, my section mates and I were assigned to dig a very big hole. After digging both holes, my officers asked me to close up the hole that I dig alone. It was because I won’t be sleeping on it as I would be booking out on this date for my graduation day.
Therefore, I close it up and went back to company line and packed my stuff for book out.
4th Day of Field Camp
I booked out for my graduation day but I didn’t really have a chance to relax because I had a medical appointment in the morning. The doctor said that my asthma got worst and I need to use an inhaler to control my asthma attack. This is the first time I used an inhaler.
After that, I went back home to get myself ready for graduation day. I reached Singapore Polytechnics at around 4.15pm. I get seated and waited for others to get seated. The whole ceremony ended at 7.30pm. After that, I got no time to take pictures with my classmate and I end up taking about 5 pictures at that time.
After that, I took a cab back to Pasir Ris and get back to camp.
5th Day of Field Camp
I am back to camp and we went for an 8 km route march. My back injury got worst while I am marching. I got no chance but to fall out when I reached the camp site and I got to look at my buddy build a tent alone. I felt so guilty for not been able to help him out. After that, it is lesson time and follow by that was practical lesson. I got to do a lot of drills and get myself ready for test next day.
6th Day of Field Camp
Today, I woke up and we went through some practical lesson to get our self ready for practical test. We have test until about 5.30pm and finally we were allowed to take a rest.
Last Day of Field Camp
Today, we got a “turn out” (some sort of enemy attack during war times). We got to pack everything and queue up in front of our water point in the shortest period of time. After that, we went to BIC do some crawling. That’s was damn shagged and I got my knee and my elbow injured. After that, we went back to company line and clean my rifle. Followed by that, we were finally allowed to take a shower and book out.
This is what I went through during Field camp. I will hereby say thanks a million to all my section mate, platoon mates and commanders who really take good care of me during field camp because I had asthma attacks. I will also like to thank my buddy for giving my a lot of encouragement and moral support and also to my buddy number 2 thanks for your tolerance and concern during this period of time.
For these two days, I did nothing much but to slack at home and sleep. I also went to beach road to get some items for army. My section mate and I planned to go out and play today. Unfortunately, no one organize therefore the outing had been cancelled. I was rather disappointed because I pushed some of my gathering and make this day available. Sighed. Now I end up playing game the whole day.
I don’t think I will be going out tomorrow because I will like to pack my bag and get myself ready for book in tomorrow. I will not been updating my blog until Sunday. I think next Sunday I will also be shagged because I need to go for another three days camp for my Situational Test. More update will be up soon.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home