Jimmy's World: First Week in CCO PL CMTL

Sunday, September 25, 2005

First Week in CCO PL CMTL

It is already one week in my new unit. I am not really happy to be in this unit due to lots of reason. On Monday when I was going to report to my new unit, I met Jeremy and Simon coincidence. I am so happy to meet up with them before I report. My unit is a stay in unit. I will be able to stay out on Monday and Wednesday but I will need to fall in by 7.00am the next morning. Every Tuesday and Thursday, I am also to have nights off. If I went out for my nights off, I will need to book in by 11.30pm. It sounds cool. Unfortunately, that’s not the main thing that makes me unhappy.

Firstly, the system in my unit was totally different. Standard for stand by bed is different. I am not able to go up to my bunk or use the bunk toilet during office hours. I also had a hard time communicate with my unit mate. Most of them were Malays and they hang around with their own group of people. While the rest, they were Chinese but they hang around with their friends as they knew each other long time ago. Trying my very best to adapted to the environment, but it was hard. It was because I could not used my clock, could not sing and it is hard to look for someone who I could talk to.

I will be on course on the 17th of October 2005 at Sembawang Camp. It will be a 5 to 9 week course. If I fail my course, I will be out of course and be a RP or a clerk. If I pass my course, I am afraid that I might speed or met with accident. If I drive more than 50km/hour or met with accident, I will be send to DB or sign extra. It was rather stress being a driver.

I have running every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the morning. I will required to run 5km. Every Tuesday and Thursday, we will be doing station training. We are also required to do pull up everyday before lunch. On the third day in my new unit, I went for the run and it really kills me. My knee cap and ankle hurts like shit and now I got a lump on my left leg. I did not know what I should do. In the end, my platoon commander asked me to report sick and see what the Medical Officer said. MO gave me 7 days excuse running. Once I went back, there is this commander who gave a sarcastic remark. I really hated him to the core. Unfortunately, I got to bare with everything for another 21 months.

How I hope I could meet up with my BMT bunk mates and chat. Really miss those times when we were chatting so happily. All the five of us got a lot of unhappiness in our new unit. I really prayed that you guys will do well and staying happy. Update more next time because I got to get ready to book in soon. See you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home